IMPC 2022 offers a number of opportunities to present your work:
- Oral – Presenting in the conference technical program for 20 minutes.
- Poster session – Presenting from a prepared poster during breaks – this is a single-day opportunity aligning with the theme of the day’s technical content
- Rapid fire sessions – Similar to Oral presentations, Rapid Fire sessions are delivered during the technical program but limited to five-minute summaries of key points
- Workshop – Extended interactive sessions held prior to or following the conference
Conference abstracts / papers must be submitted as a PDF document only using the specific format as per the abstract template submitted through the abstract submission portal on the conference website. Submissions will not be accepted via email.
The Organising Committee may, if necessary, limit the number of presentations per author. Presenters of accepted abstracts are required to register and pay to attend the conference as an Author delegate. Submission of abstracts implies the author’s agreement to publish their abstract on the conference website. Authors must arrange and pay their own accommodation, travel and expenses to attend the conference.
Once the abstract submission deadline has passed, the Organising Committee will review all submitted abstracts. Authors will then be notified whether or not the abstract has been accepted for the program and whether an extended abstract or full paper is required.
- Abstracts must be a minimum of 250 words, and a maximum of 300 words
- Abstracts must be submitted in Arial 11-point font
- The abstract title must be typed in Arial 14 point, bold and centred font
- The presenting author/s name/s must be underlined
- All author details, post nominals and affiliations must be included
- All author email address must be included
- Authors may include a maximum of five keywords sufficient to highlight the relevant topics to be addressed in the paper
- Abstracts must be text only – graphics, images or graphs should not be included
Where do I submit my abstract?
Submit your abstract via the Abstract Submission Portal. Instructions on how to submit your abstract can be found on the home page of the portal.
Do I need to use a template?
Yes – you will need to format your abstract using the abstract template. This can be found within the Abstract Submission Portal.
How long does the abstract review process take?
The abstract review process begins after the abstract submission deadline has passed. It usually takes around four weeks for the organising committee to review all submitted abstracts and reach a decision. This may take longer if the number of abstracts submitted exceeds expectations.
How will I know if my abstract has been accepted?
We will contact you via email regardless of the outcome.
I need to update my abstract. How do I do this?
Once you have submitted your abstract you cannot replace it in the Abstract Submission Portal. Email your updated abstract to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will upload it for you.
I have missed the deadline. Can I still submit my abstract?
Email us at email@example.com to see if an extension is possible.